5 Unexpectedly Fun Ideas to Fill Your Summer Days
by Totspot Team
We’ve all been there. A couple weeks into summer and all the books have been read, the games played, the toys overused. Bored kids mean unhappy kids, and that translates to an unhappy mama. Beat the summer blues with these five fun, simple ideas to spice up your days at home.
1. Write a book. You’ve read the Dr. Seuss collection forwards and backwards, so now let your kids use their imagination and take down tales of their own. Write down their stories (word for word is always hilarious) and have them illustrate for a keepsake that will entertain both you and your children for years to come.
2. Start a dance party. Lip sync, shimmy, and wiggle it out – crank up that Frozen soundtrack and get down with your littles! It is a great way to use up some of that extra energy, and it’s fun for you and the kiddos alike.
3. Create a sidewalk masterpiece. When it comes to the sidewalk, the whole neighborhood’s your canvas and there’s no need to keep to the lines. Since all you need is a little chalk and some imagination, this summer activity is as fun as it as inexpensive. Make hopscotch that runs the length of the block, or a giant dragon that scares off intruders! If drawing gets boring, there are at least 10 games and activities you can do with sidewalk here.
4. Sprinklers day. Hot day? Skip a trip to the pool and simply turn on the sprinklers. Your kids can cool off without leaving the comfort of your home, and if you don’t have sprinklers, there are easy, inexpensive ways to make one with a soda bottle. Here’s how you can make one.
5. Build a fort. Some couch cushions, chairs, and blankets and voila! You have a magic castle or a secret bunker!
written by Maddie, Totspot Intern