5 Insider Selling Tips You Probably Didn’t Know
by Totspot Team
Even if you’ve sold on Totspot before, we’re guessing you wouldn’t mind learning a few more tricks of the trade (or the cash!). Thanks to some our most avid Totspotters, we collected some new, brilliant bits of selling advice that will help you both make and save money.
Ahead, we show you how to never pay for an envelope again, never go to the post office again, and how you can use a coffee mug to weigh your package. Really!
1. You can reuse envelopes and boxes. A trick that Totspotter 1socalmom actually taught us, reuse any packaging you receive in the mail. You probably save regular brown boxes, but you can also save any kind of yellow envelope and poly bag you get from Amazon and use those to ship your Totspot sales. Just put your shipping label over it and that’s one less trip to Target.
2. You can drop your packages in the mailbox OR request a carrier pickup. “Why aren’t there more hours in a day” is a question we ask ourselves regularly. Some Totspotters prefer to drop their packages off at the post office, but if you don’t want to…
- Try dropping your Tot packages in the mailbox. Yes, the regular blue mailbox on your block works! I drop mine off in the mailbox in front of Totspot HQ.
- Try a free carrier pickup from the USPS app for items over 13oz. It’s kind of magical.
3. Describing Your Item Can Mean a Sale. A picture is worth a thousand words, but a good description and title could be worth a sale. If it’s a red ruffled dress or an olive green military jacket, be sure to say that. Think of words others may use when searching for an item like yours, and put them into your description.
4. Shipping Promptly Can Mean More Sales. So you’ve made your first sale…congratulations! Shipping your item promptly and neatly will delight your customer, and there’s a good chance they’ll come back for more if they’re happy. I like to slip a thank you note in my orders too – you can get a whole set at the dollar store.
5. Not sure about weight? Here’s a good trick: the average coffee mug weighs about 10oz, so if it’s significantly heavier, choose our heavier shipping option when you’re listing your item. Unless it’s a bundle or a pair of boots, most kids’ clothes can ship with our lower shipping option.