Royal Baby: What Would A Princess Wear?
by Totspot Team
We might be jumping the gun just a little bit, but all the news about a second royal baby (that’s right, Prince George is going to be a big brother!) has got us just a little bit excited about the possibility of a little princess.
While everyone is already clamoring for baby names, we’re more excited about coming up with a royal wardrobe for the bundle of joy to be. How fun would it be to pick out clothes for a princess? What dresses and dress coats would she do? What shoes would she wear on her little feet?
…Really, what exactly would a princess wear? We have six ideas that we think are absolutely worthy of royalty.
1. A Coat Fit For a Princess. This Janie & Jack wool blend coat comes with a regal faux fur collar and is fit for a little queen. It’s new with tags and is just the thing the royal baby will wear over party dresses (we’re guessing she’ll be going to many balls!). ($35)
2. A Velvet Party Dress. Speaking of party dresses, we imagine baby will develop a serious collection of them by the age one, but just like any little lady, a little black dress is absolutely necessary. This one from CrewCuts is stunning and is 77 percent off retail price! ($35)
3. A Traditional Baby Outfit in Blue. We know little girls usually get the pink treatment, but a blue outfit in a soft pastel would allow mama to make her royal babies match. How cute would that be? This one is by a French brand called Bout’ Chou. ($15)
4. Burberry Shoes. As an ode to all that is good and British, royal baby will need some Burberry. We think these Burberry ballet flats could be worn with everything. ($35)
5. A Ruffled Romper. For warm weather, the princess will need a bathing suit and we think she’d look absolutely darling in a classic red ruffled one piece. How adorable is this one? ($8)
6. A Princess-Perfect Puffer Coat. It definitely gets chilly when winter rolls around and perhaps our little darling needs something a little warmer and a little more utilitarian than a dress coat. If that’s the case, this Calvin Klein coat, with it’s little ruffles and hood, is the perfect mix of puffer coat and princess chic. ($9)