7 Tips to Shop Totspot
by Totspot Team
Lines, discount signs, kids hiding in clothing racks – shopping at the mall can easily be overwhelming. But shopping from your home – from the palm of your hand? Easy peasy.
If you’re a Totspot newbie, you may want some tips getting around the app. It’s a different experience to you, and we get that. With the help of four Totspot expert shoppers, @faithhickman, @loveandresell, @mgerson, and @1socalmom, as well as our headquarter team, we’re sharing seven easy tips to help you shop Totspot.
1. Scan the Front Page. The front page is filled with some new items as well as items handpicked by our editor team. Even if you find something you like but isn’t the right size, it’s a good place to get inspiration too.
2. Create a Tot Profile. If you haven’t already, set up a Tot Profile (you should see “Add Tot” at the top of your screen). That way you’ll only see items that fit your child, and you’ll only see boys or girls clothing depending on what you’re looking for. You can add one profile for each child.
3. Follow People. Once you find an item you like, click over to the person’s profile, because chances are they have items in a similar style and same size. Follow them and their items will appear in your front page too!
4. Like. The heart icon is a like button but also a favorites button. “Heart” items you like and want to come back to so you don’t have to search for them again.
5. Negotiate. A lot of people on Totspot are willing to negotiate pricing, so if you see something you like but the price is too high, offer another price, or ask the seller if they’re willing to be flexible about the price. One tip though, try to be polite and kind when asking! People appreciate that.
6. Bundle. Once you find a seller with a closet that absolutely sings to you, bundling is a great way to save on shipping. Some sellers also offer a bundle discount, so ask about that. A good way to see if you like multiple things from the same seller is to check your favorites under the “Me” tab. Also, when viewing the seller’s closet, you can hit “My Likes” and see everything you like from them.
7. Ask. If you have any questions about the item, comment away! Some brands fit differently, and people are usually very open about that. You can also ask about the condition, whether the home is pet free, how many times it was worn, etc. This is a good way to make sure there are no surprises when you get your item.