Leftover Halloween Candy?
by Totspot Team
A week has passed since your kids were out tricking the neighborhood. The bag has been scoured and picked through a number of times, but you are still left with that pile of uneaten candy.
Here are a few things you can do with your extras:
- Bake with it: Use the Halloween candy as ingredients or toppers for a variety of baked goods. Here are 10 recipes you can try to get rid of the excess. Candy Corn and Pretzel Bark? Yes, please!
- Send it to our troops: Check with organizations like Operation Gratitude and Operation Shoebox for how to donate leftover candy to members of the military.
- Donate it: There are local food banks and organizations that would happily accept your donation.
- Freeze it: Most candy, especially chocolate, freezes rather well. Toss them in a plastic zip bag and enjoy it several months down the line. Pop them on your ice cream for a special frozen treat.
- Get creative: Gummy bears and candies can easily become decoration for gingerbread houses or Christmas garlands. And, don’t forget about the flashing Lifesaver in the dark trick!
At Totspot we’re all about giving parents the chance to be part of a community of like-minded moms and dads—We, like you, understand the importance of reusing and re-purposing. Download Totspot today in the App Store and start buying and selling with parents just like you. Don’t forget to like us on Facebook for valuable tips, contests and general fun.